Saturday, July 17, 2010

Paal Kolukattai (Using Moong Dal)

PAAL KOLUKATTAI (using Moong Dal)

HI all,

Iam back with another sweet dish!! Paal Kolukattai. Mom doesnt prepare this dish this way. Its traditionally Granny's way of preparing. I wanted to have this recipe for a very long time. But.. I didnt know to do that. I called Granny and she told me the recipe. But I was sure this is not the way mom makes.. But the out come of the result was heavenly..

Easy to make and a quick recipe.

Ingredients:
rice flour - 1/2 cup
salt to taste
jaggery - 1/2 cup (adjust according to your taste buds)
cardamom - 2 - 3
moong dal - 1/ cup
coconut milk - 2 cups


Method:
- roast and wash the moong dal
- pressure cook the dal and smash them
- to this add jaggery and some water and bring to a boil
- meanwhile add some water and a pinch of salt to the rice flour and mix well to a dough consistency.
- Now make them into small balls and then to a cylinderical shape.
- then now add these dough mixture into the boiling mixture and allow that to cook
- dont stir as the balls will break
- now when its close to 5 mins and the flour balls are cooked add the coconut milk and cardamom powder and bring to one single boil
- remove from fire
- serve warm

2 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Really nice and I love it..so new for me

Satya said...

hi sapthanaa,
first visit to ur blog ,u got a lovely space with so many wonderful dishes(a big list)
this paal kolukattai is very new n interesting dish for me ..i love the idea of asking granny for the original recipe ,the original source is always unique ...this dessert looks delicious n tempting ...i love to try ur granny's recipe
if u get time do visit my blog

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com