Wheat Berries/Whole Wheat – 1/2 Cup
Sugar – 1 Cup
Water – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 3/4 Cup
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Food Colour – a pinch [ I used mix of orange ]
- soak whole wheat for 12 hrs or more.
- I soaked for around 15 hrs .
- grind that soaked wheat to a fine paste and extract milk out of it.
- I did the step twice to take the milk out.
- meanwhile in a pan add ghee and fry cashews till golden keep it aside
- also melt ghee and leave it aside
- in a wide bottomed pan
- add the milk and keep stirring until it thickens
- now add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well
- add the food colour and keep stirring
- Here stirring plays an important role
- stirring helps to make a lump free halwa
- keep stirring until the mixture thickens a bit
- now add the ghee little by little
- wait until the added ghee is absorbed then add the next laddle of ghee
- slowly finish all the ghee and keep stirring
- wait until all the ghee arises on the surface and the mixture forms a ball
- now add the fried cashews and fry till they are mixed well
- serve warm.